First United Methodist
Church was first established in 1876. The Church occupies a complex
of buildings located on Second Street in Natchitoches, Louisiana,
near the historic downtown district.
The existing First United Methodist
Church complex is approximately 35,000 square feet and is comprised
of three adjoining buildings: The Sanctuary, the Education Building,
and the Family Life Center.
As a result of the Needs Assessment
Workshop it was determined that the Church needed a Permanent
location for their current Blue Jean Service. Because the Sanctuary
is not set up for contemporary style worship, the Blue Jean Service
is presently conducted in the Gymnasium. After each service,
chairs and risers must be stacked and moved off of the basketball
The New Multipurpose Addition
design provides a large flexible open floor plan with wood trusses.
The space allows for seating for 250 with a movable platform.
It will have state of the art theatrical lighting, sound, and
video systems. There is also a generous lobby space for gathering
before and after services.
First United Methodist Church Natchitoches
Master Planning; Facilities
programming; Prime A/E Services
Completion: March 2010